Sympathyloid for Delusional Disorder
Svante Lloyd is the voice/character assigned to the mental illness,
Delusional Disorder. Delusional Disorder is a mental disorder
characterized by the presence of one (or more) delusions with a
duration of 1 month or longer.
Additionally, Criteria A for Schizophrenia has never been
met. (If present, hallucinations are not prominent and are
related to the delusion’s theme.) Apart from the delusion(s)
and its ramifications, functioning is not marketedly impaired,
or behavior is not obviously bizarre/odd.
There are multiple types of Delusional Disorder, these are:
• Erotomanic: When the central theme of the delusion is
that another person is in love with the individual.
• Grandiose: When the central theme of the delusion is
the conviction of having some great, unrecognized
talent, insight, or having made some important
• Jealous: When the central theme of the individual’s
delusion is that their spouse/lover is unfaithful.
• Persecutory: When the central theme of the delusion
involves the individual’s belief that they’re being
conspired against, cheated, spied on, followed,
poisoned/drugged, maliciously maligned, harassed,
or obstructed in pursuit of long-term goals.
• Somatic: When the central theme of the delusion
involves bodily functions or sensations.
• Mixed: No theme predominates.
• Unspecified. (DSM-5)